Finance Guru Speaks: This article will show how you can register to EPFO Member Portal.
First question comes to your mind- Why should I register myself to the EPFO Member Portal and what benefits will it provide?
The answer is: This portal allows you to view your EPF Account Passbook online. And trust me, it is very convenient. No need to follow-up with your Employer or wait for the Year-end distributions of EPF receipts to know about your current EPF balances.
You can anytime login to this portal and check your current EPF balance.
In order to start enjoying the benefits, you need to register your details in the EPFO portal.
Follow below steps to register to EPFO Member Portal to Access EPF Passbook Online :-
|EPFO Member Portal|
2. Click on Click here to register link.
3. Fill all the details as required in the below page.
Please be careful about the Document Type and it’s Number which you shall provide. With the same details, you will have to login to the portal once you are successfully registered.Suppose you want to register with your PAN Card Number and your PAN Card No. is AXXXX11111, then select Select Any One Document as PAN Number and Number as on document as Your PAN No
|Click to enlarge - Member Portal Registration|
4. Once all the required details are filled, click on GET PIN button.
5. You will receive Authorization PIN on your mentioned Mobile No.
6. Click on I Agree checkbox and enter the Authorization PIN and Submit it.
Congratulations! You have successfully registered to the Member Portal. :-)
Next time, you can open the Portal with your provided Document Type, Document Number and Mobile No to download EPF Passbook.
Some important points shared on the website:-
· One mobile number can be used for one registration only.
· The facility at present is only for the members for whom the employer has uploaded the Electronic Challan Cum Return for the wage month of May 2012 onwards.
· A registered member can view only one account details under one establishment. In case you are having more than one account under one establishment, please apply for transfer through the Form 13.
· One member can view up to a maximum of 10 accounts under different establishments. The 10 accounts can be viewed any number of times. Get your old accounts transferred to the current one by using the Transfer Form 13.
· Facility to display the accounts of inoperative accounts will be provided later through a request mode.
· The facility is not for the current members of establishments having exemption under the EPF Scheme 1952.
· There is no need to create and remember any user id and password. You have to use your mobile number and any of your following identification proof number such as PAN, AADHAR, NPR (National Population Register), Bank Account, Voter ID, Passport or Driving License to register and thereafter to login.
· You can add multiple id numbers (one id against each of the listed types) and any one along with the mobile number can be used for the login.
In my next article, I will explain about how you can download your EPF Passbook from this Member Portal to check your EPF balance online. Till then, Happy Reading!!
Images Courtesy: EPFO Portal
Please share this article over social networks. For more Learning, Please visit "At A Glance" Section.